Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 172 ~ Rat Snake



My son went out to put the chickens in tonight and found a rat snake eating one of them!  My husband hurried out and killed it, but it was too late to save the chicken.  So sad.  It was one of our 3 month old chickens we hatched ourselves in March.  We'll see in the morning if we're missing a hen or a rooster.  I have a feeling it was a hen :(  (The photo isn't very clear because my lens kept fogging up from the high humidity.)
________________________________________________

Camera: Nikon D7000
Time of Day: 10:22 pm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Aperture: f/16
Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec
ISO: 2000
Focal Length: 18 mm
Flash Mode: Flash On
Image Alterations: I cropped the photo and adjusted the levels.

2 comments:

  1. Ew!!! Hope it wasn't Piper's chicken - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it wasn't! Hers is just fine :)

    ReplyDelete