Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58 ~ My New Camera!


After years of owning and loving our Nikon D70S, we had a problem this past week.  First it lost some photos - even after buying a new memory card, and then yesterday it just turned off as if it had a dead battery - only it was freshly charged.  We got it to turn back on after some manipulating, but who knows if there is really anything seriously wrong with it. 

So, this afternoon I had to take my son downtown for a routine doctor appointment and my husband called just as I was leaving and asked me to stop by his office on my way home.  He told me his car was idling funny and he needed a tool out of my car.  When I got to his office, he brought out a box wrapped in Christmas paper :)  And when I opened it, I found a new Nikon D7000 camera!!  I am still in shock!  We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in April, so he said it's an early present :)  I'm so excited!!  This gives me about 6 weeks to get used to it before our oldest son gets married.  Perfect timing!  And what an awesome husband!

This camera has some great features - it records to 2 memory cards so you have a backup of every  photo you take (to avoid problems like we had last week - especially nice for once in lifetime events like weddings!), it's extremely fast, it has 2 user programmable settings that you can set for whatever you like, and THOUSANDS of other fantastic features I've yet to learn about!

I guess now I don't have to decide if I want a new camera or a new lens :)
________________________________________________

Camera: Panasonic DMC-ZS3
Time of Day: 8:53 pm
Aperture: f/4.2
Shutter Speed: 1/40 sec
ISO: 80
Focal Length: 14 mm
Flash Mode: Flash, Auto
Image Alterations: I adjusted the levels.

1 comment: