Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 53 ~ Red Brangus Calf


Annabelle checking out our dog, Cali
f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO 200

Look at her long eyelashes!
f/8, 1/160 sec, ISO 200

f/8, 1/50 sec, ISO 200

We had a 'Tim the Toolman Taylor' moment here this week.  My husband decided the electric fence wasn't powerful enough so he bought a new unit rated for 15 miles.  When he plugged it in, it sent out long sparks from the wires!  He adjusted it, but you can still hear it sparking.  Cali, our dog, won't go near it even when we call her :) 

I spent some time in the pasture this afternoon with the calves.  I'm trying to get my heifer, Annabelle, to be friendlier.  The other calves will bawl and come to see us when we go near the calf pen - they want us to pet them and give them attention.  But we have to be wandering around longer for Annabelle to warm up to us.  I'm hoping to change this.  I can't believe she's already 5 months old today!
________________________________________________

Camera: NIKON D70s
Time of Day: 3:57 pm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Flash Mode: None
Image Alterations: I adjusted the levels and cropped the photos.

1 comment: