Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 103 Part 1 ~ Touring Nauvoo


We didn't have quite enough room in the car for everyone, so the boys squished in the back!  Luckily we were only a few miles from Old Nauvoo :)


Most of the activities in Nauvoo are run by missionaries, including this wagon ride.  They took us on a tour of the town where we were able to see where we wanted to go


This is a replica of the barges that the wagons crossed the rivers on.  It was much different than I had pictured in my mind.


It was amazing the technology that they had even so long ago.  Brigham Young even built a cold storage building to store food!  I loved it and want my husband to build me one since we can't have root cellars in Texas due to the high water table.


Here is an inside look at the cold storage building.

No comments:

Post a Comment